Monday, June 29, 2015

I must be doing something good

A week full of trials. To be honest this week was really difficult
for me. As I have learned on the mission, a lot of the time we have
trials because we are ready to grow and progress and so I take it as a
good sign. Although I have learned this on the mission trials are
still really hard. The difference has really been just relying on the
Atonement and not trying to overcome things on my own.
So this week were dropped by a lot of investigators and many just
have lost interest. Some recent converts are really struggling with
addictions and yesterday we had to plead,sing, and read with one of
them for an hour to give us his drugs. We ended up smashing an apple
and he gave us some of his drugs but in the end fell into the
temptation. It is really hard to see those you love go through hard
trials because of disobedience to the commandments. If we follow the
commandments we have Gods promise but when we willingly disobey we
forfeit those blessings.
Not the whole week was as disappointing! During the week we
received a text from a random number that we had in the phone and he
told us that he had told missionaries that he would call them when he
was ready to make time to accept the message. Well I guess he is ready
because he text us and we invited him to church and he came! He is
dating a member and he is really excited to learn about the church. He
grew up catholic but when we talked about making and keeping covenants
to help us progress he told us it just made sense that he will need to
be baptized again. His name is Adolfo and we are going to see him
again tomorrow to set a specific date for him to be baptized.
Leo is still working towards baptism but still wasn't able to come
to church this week. We actually aren't sure what happened. We went in
the morning to wake him up and he got ready to go and wanted to ride
with us to church but we told him we had to send a member to pick him
up. When the member got there he was no where to be found. So we hope
he is doing good.
Sergio and Alfredo came to church and are doing great. The bishop
talked with us about them both receiving the Melchizedek priesthood in
September and I'm really excited for them.
This work is amazing. I am humbled and honored every day for having
is opportunity to be a representative of Jesus Christ and share his
gospel. Sometimes I don't know why I am so blessed to be here. But I
know God has a work for me to do and I'm here to do it. I love you all
and I know God has called all of you to His work as well. He has so
many people for us to bless and so many lives to change. Pray and ask
who He needs you to help and I promise that the spirit will guide you
to those whom are in need of Gods help through you.
Love,
Elder Hyde

No comments:

Post a Comment