Monday, June 22, 2015

Just doing work....




One of the most amazing blessings of being a missionary is that you are able to work. Work all day every day in the service of our Heavenly Fathers children, our brothers and sisters. When we work and do all we can to find, teach, and baptism on the mission we will find true happiness and time just flies by. The past few weeks have been really spiritually rewarding for me and a lot of people that I care about and I know it has all happened because I have just been lost in the work. When we truly focus all of our thoughts and actions on our purpose we find that there really isn't enough time in the day to do all that we need to do.

Even thought this week was slightly slower than the past few, Elder Cottle and I have been working the most diligently and effectively that we know how and we have seen great happiness. Alfredo received the Aaronic priesthood yesterday and him and Sergio are doing great. The bishop says he has a goal with them to be able to receive the Melchizedek priesthood in September and both are starting mission funds so that they can be ready to go when that time comes. I love them so much. :) Brandon also made some really great steps this week and the members are really bumping up the support to help him overcome everything.

A ward member named Christian Ortega is driving to his mission tonight. He was set apart yesterday and we got to get pictures with him with his tags because they had previously sent him his tags because he isn't going to the MTC. He is going to be a stud missionary. Just a few weeks ago he used to have super long shaggy hair and rarely came to church with a tie on but yesterday he looked way awesome. All clean cut, tie on, and excitement flowing from his face. He has been coming out with us and is going to be such a good missionary and I'm really excited for him. Plus his non member dad is planning on getting baptized soon and I know he is having a huge impact on the whole family.

I would like to end with an experience that I had yesterday. During the sacrament hymn I saw a scripture at the bottom of the hymn that I felt impressed to read D&C 45:3-5 which says "Listen to him who is the advocate with the Father, who is pleading your cause before him-- Saying: Father, behold the sufferings and death of him who did no sin, in whom thou wast well pleased; behold the blood of thy Son which was shed, the blood of him whom thou gavest that thyself might be glorified; Wherefore, Father, spare these my brethren that believe on my name, that they may come unto me and have everlasting life." It filled me with the spirit and as I partook of the sacrament it was a really beautiful experience. Sometimes it can be discouraging to realize just how short of the glory of God we fall. But this scripture gave me a lot of comfort and hope. I am so grateful to have the sacrament in my life and have access to the amazing power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I invite all of you to take some time this week to ponder what the Atonement really means to you. Pray about it. Study the scriptures about it. Then act relying that it will help you go places and do things that you never thought were possible. Jesus Christ loves you. I love you. But most importantly Jesus Christ loves. Have a great week. :)




Love,

Elder Hyde

No comments:

Post a Comment