Monday, November 3, 2014

Transfers & Halloween


First of all I have to say thank you to my wonderful family who sent me an awesome Halloween package that made my day! So normally I wouldn't be able to get mail on a Friday but the other Elders that we drive around had a meeting at the office for their training follow-up and when I went in they had a package for me so I got it just in time. :D The plastic spiders have been great to put all over the apartment to scare Elder Kemp and it was just a very cleaver and fun box. Especially since we had to be in the apartment doing weekly planning that night. I'm still not sure what to do with the glow in the dark stuff but I'm sure I will find something for it.

Even though transfers weren't until today I will start with that. Elder Kemp and I will be together for at least another 6 weeks! I'm sure glad we get along really well and I love that man because we will be together for at least 20 weeks. Which is quite a long time to be with someone 24/7 but I'm really glad to be able to keep learning from him and be able to see him grow so much! With the district we only have one change. Hermana Jones is leaving to Costa Mesa, where I was born, and Hermana Russell is coming in. She was also in my district in Santa Ana 5, so it will be good to have her back.

This week we had some really great experiences and saw The Lord blessing us with many miracles. One of our investigators named Elsa called us this week saying that we couldn't come teach her at her house anymore, we think it's because of her husband, but that she wanted us to come to her daughters baptism in the YSA ward this Sunday! It was a really spirit filled baptism and we found out that a good chunk of her family are members and they talked to us a lot about how much they have been trying to share the gospel with the family and it's amazing to see the change in the whole family from doing so. Then we had a huge miracle, an amazing member family from our ward was at the building and as the baptism ended and it just so happens that they live right down the street from our investigator. Then they invited her over to be taught at their house and it was just great to see them connect so well.

Jildalgo is doing really well and went off on a 25 minute story in the middle of the lesson about how stressed he had been a few days earlier because he haddn't been able to get work for a few days and everything felt that it was coming down on him at once. Then he remembered to pray and he said it completely changed his day and then he got work for 3 days in a row, which hasn't happened in weeks! He was able to pay the rent and get food for his family and he just said it really strengthened his faith. He is doing great and reading and praying often. :) The only problem is that he got called into work Sunday morning and so he couldn't make it to church.

We are also getting ready for a member of the seventy to come next week which is really exciting. We are having the Zone Conference on the Holy Ghost and I'm excited to learn a lot from it. Plus we all get to write talks about how we have come to recognize the promptings of the Holy Ghost on the mission and then he will choose a few missionaries on the spot to share them. Which is great because I know that it's the Holy Ghost that guides us in The Lord's work and so as we can better recognize and follow His promptings we will become more effective missionaries overall. I think the biggest thing that I have come to find on the mission about the Holy Ghost is that He guides us way more than we think, and that He is always willing to help us if we are willing to listen. Keep the commandments, listen for promptings, act on every good feeling or impresson and our loving Heavenly Father will never let us down.

Love,

Elder Hyde

No comments:

Post a Comment