Monday, November 24, 2014

My week of Thankfulness


PDAY HIKE

I am so grateful for my wonderful family and friends and so this week
for my email I would like to follow an inspired idea I saw my friend
Elder Vierkant do a few weeks ago and just write an email of
gratitude. I am grateful for my family and their much love and
support. Im grateful for the the great privilege and blessing I have
to serve The Lord and the wonderful children of our Heavenly Father
with his infinite love that He has for each of them.

I am grateful for the investigators that we have to teach and the
willingness of the members to come out with us. This week we had a lot
of help from members coming to visit investigators and just be their
friends and be there for them to help them. I am also grateful for the
many people that allow us to come over and share this great message of
the restoration and fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. This week
it was heartwarming to receive a message from an investigator for
thanking her for what we had taught her. She was humbled and wanting
to repent after she realized that she hadn't always kept the
commandments earlier in her life. We shared Mosiah 26:29-30 focusing
on
"...if he confess his sins before thee and me, and repenteth in the
sincerity of his heart, him shall ye forgive, and I will forgive him
also. Yea, and as often as my people repent will I forgive them their
trespasses against me."
I am grateful for repentance. For the ability to be forgiven for our
errors in the life is such an amazing gift and as we testified of the
Saviors Atonement and the power of repentance to this investigator the
spirit testified to us and her that we can be forgiven and that the
Savior wants to forgive.

I am grateful for my companion and for the many things that he
teaches me every day. Elder Kemp and I are very different but it has
been a great learning experience to be with him for almost 4 months
now and be able to learn his strengths and how to use them in
missionary work.

I am grateful for my health and for the life that I have been given.
There are so many people that we teach that have poor health or have
problems with being happy with their lives or being positive and so
I'm very grateful for the growing up with the gospel in my life. I
have been so blessed in my life and taken most of it for granted.

I am most grateful for my Heavenly Father and for His great love for
us by sending His Son Jesus Christ to suffer the penalty for all of us
and gives us the strength to overcome our challenges and trials in
this life. I love you all and I am very grateful for YOU!

Love,
Elder Hyde

No comments:

Post a Comment