Monday, June 23, 2014

Transfers, President Bowen, Momma's Birthday & Father's Day

Transfers are today and things are a little crazy because this is
President Bowen's last one and he leaves in 10 days. So Elder Richards
got called to be a Zone leader up north and so he will be leaving and
I'm staying here in Santa Ana 5. Elder Lindsay is coming in with me
and he will be district leader here. I'm gonna miss elder Richards but
I hear elder Lindsay is a stud so I'm really excited for him to come
in here with me. The new assistant to the president is my old
companion elder Arèvalo. I think that will be really good for him but
it was really surprising because he is still really young.
As for the week it was a really cool week. We have a lot of people
we are working with and a lot of good things are happening. The
Gonzalez family(the old couple) accepted a baptismal date for July
20th and are looking really good. The Alegría family that we have been
working with told us they are moving to Mexico this Thursday so that
was disappointing because they are super ready to receive the gospel
and were receiving it so well. But we are sending missionaries to them
once they get down there so I hope that goes well. We got to visit
this members friend from work that was in the hospital and she is a
super nice lady named Eva. She has so much faith and she really wanted
to be healed. We gave her a blessing and shared some scriptures about
the atonement with her and the spirit was so strong. She has been
through a lot in her life and was sad she hadn't made enough time for
God and had worried about too much about work. She was really grateful
we came by and was looking really happy when we left. She had been in
the hospital for a few weeks but later that night she was released to
got back to her house with her family :) it was really awesome!
I don't have a ton of time today because of transfers but everything
is going great here and I love you all a ton. I hope you had a great
birthday momma, and that all the fathers had a great Father's Day!
Love,
Elder Hyde

***NATHAN SENT ME TONS OF PICTURES FOR MY BIRTHDAY*** TOO MANY TO ADD
IT WAS A GREAT BIRTHDAY GIFT***

No comments:

Post a Comment