Monday, January 27, 2014

Baby T - January 23, 2014 - Families are Forever

HUGS AND COOKIES FROM AUNT JULIE

This week was a little hard to be honest. I got a call from my family Friday night letting me know baby T didn't make it. That was a difficult night knowing that I will never see him in this life and just knowing all that my family had to go through made it a tough night. But the power of prayer is real and I know that our Heavenly Fathers loves us and will comfort us in even the most difficult of times. I know that my family will be able to see him again after this life and I can't even imagine having to go through this without the knowledge that I have. That is why this work is so important and I know even though I can't be home to comfort my family right now, our Heavenly Father is taking care of all of you. D&C 137:10 gave me tons of comfort and reassurance that he will be saved in the celestial kingdom and if we can do our part, we will live with him there for eternity. I am amazed at how much strength I have received from my own prayers and from the many others that I know are praying for me and my family. I think there will be some sorrow for the rest of my life, but as I rely on Jesus Christ he can give me the strength to overcome all things. Christ suffered EVERYTHING for us and He knows how to help us. It also gave me a lot of strength talking to a family that is so strong in the gospel and has so much hope and faith in our Heavenly Father's perfect plan for us. I remember the first night I hear he was having a little bit of trouble in the MTC and I was praying for him and I got this big feeling that he might not make it but it was also one of the most peaceful moments I have ever had. I forgot about that experience until Friday night when I was laying in bed. It gave me a lot of peace then to know that the Spirit can bring to our remembrance experiences that have helped us in the past.

Well I was really lucky to have a super busy week to keep my focus on helping others. I have found that the easiest way to overcome trials is just to get to work. Helping others really helps me to be happy and keep going. This week I got to go to the other elders area with elder Wagstaff for exchanges and it was sweet. It was nice to get a taste of a different area and other investigators. This week Angelina Lomeli came to church. The ward was super awesome with her and she really enjoyed it. I also got to do a blessing on their house earlier this week which was a cool experience. She told us starting this week she is going to read a chapter out of the Book of Mormon every night with her family. Yesterday we met this guy Gustavo and he was so happy to see us. He invited us in before we could introduce ourselves haha He told us 6 months ago other missionaries stopped by and gave him a Book of Mormon. He has read out of it 2 to 3 times a week since. He loves it. He is Catholic and goes around helping people who are about to pass away. He helps them have hope in God and Jesus Christ right before they die. He is a way awesome dude who loves helping others. Well it was a challenging week that really strengthened my testimony and helped me really feel the love of our Heavenly Father. Thank you for all the prayers and nice emails of comfort and support I have received.

Love, Elder Hyde

No comments:

Post a Comment