Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Transfers & Stake Conference

First of all I would like to wish my wonderful sister a happy
birthday today! Happy birthday Kelsee! 24. That's getting pretty up
there! :) and also a big happy birthday to Blake! :D He is growing up
so fast and I can't believe he is already 4!


So today is transfers and so I don't have a ton of time to write
because we had to move some of the sisters in our area up to the most
northern part of the mission (we are in the most southern zone in the
mission). So our district of only 5 missionaries is now going to be 6.
Two sisters are leaving us and 2 elders and a sister are coming to
join us. I am really going to miss my Hermanas that are leaving us.
But they are super young in the mission so I will see them around. But
it is exciting to have elders in the district now so we get to go on
more exchanges, which always brings a lot of miracles! But our
district right now is super young. 2 are being trained, and 2 just got
out of being trained so it's going to be a lot of fun with them all.


This weekend we had stake conference and it was so great to see the
members from Costa Mesa, and Santa Ana 5. We also received some
awesome training and words of council from the stake presidency and in
the adult session on Saturday night we all got to actually do
practices with the members on how they can answer simple questions
that their friends might have to turn it into an opportunity to invite
them to listen to the missionaries. It was great! And we got to hear
an amazing testimony from a recent convert named Jose that was in a
bad accident when he was hiking a few years ago. Now he can't walk and
has trouble speaking and controlling movements of his body. I got to
meet and talk with him in my last ward and he is really such a sweet
kid. He shared his conversion experience and it was one of the most
touching testimonies I have heard in a while. He is such a strong kid,
I really love him.


Then on Sunday we heard some really inspired words from our stake
president. He shared a really cool experience about his daughter who
has had a lot of medical issues in the past and has always kept happy
with a smile on her face. So he asked her how she had gone through it
and always stayed so happy. She told him that she realized that she
had known that there were going to be really difficult trials and
difficulties before she came to this life, yet she still accepted her
Heavenly Fathers plan to come to the earth and be tested. If she could
make that decision before coming to the earth she knew that she had
enough faith in our Heavenly Father back then so why wouldn't she
right now? It was a really cool experience and the spirit really
testified to me how wonderful the plan of salvation is and how with
the knowledge that we accepted the plan before this life. Even though
we knew we would be tested and that it would be tough. We knew God
would be there for us to help us through any difficulty. I know that's
true. Our Heavenly Father loves us and is always willing to help us. I
also know that His plan is perfect and because of our Saviors
atonement we can all receive His enabling power to overcome anything
in this life.

This Sunday I also got to go see Lourdes's husband be baptized. I
taught his and Lourdes in Santa Ana 5 for a while and it was amazing
to see the change in him and how far he has come. At the baptism elder
Lindsay told me that Crystal and Yuvia from the Ramirez family that we
were teaching there asked that I come back next Sunday to baptize both
of them! It made me sooo happy to hear that and I am really excited to
go back next week and see the cute little family. The mom is working
towards being baptized but the girls want to be the example and go
first. They are adorable! I love you all very much!


Elder Hyde

No comments:

Post a Comment